Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Oilcans and Updates






I’ve talked about my set of oilcan exercises before; they’re the things I do every day to keep my body capable of moving despite my ever-increasing age and my injury history.  None of the things are particularly hard.  A lot of them involve yoga tune-up balls and stretches.  They do make a difference to the quality and comfort of my movements in the whole rest of my life. 

I try to give all my clients a similar set of oilcan exercises based on their needs and their time constraints.  (Whether they do them is up to them!)

 

However, bodies and situations change.  My personal list has shifted as I have learned new exercises that improve my mobility or reduce my suffering.  Sometimes an issue I’ve had for a while resolves and I don’t need to do the things I used to do to care for it.  This is all good, because it means I have to be present in my body, pay attention to what it feels and what it needs.  From that data, I get to experiment.

 

The best part is that doing my oilcan exercises takes at most ten minutes.  That small investment of time pays off all day long.

 

Want help figuring out your oilcan exercises?  Hit me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment