Wednesday, May 3, 2023

A Beautiful Thing






One reason I love working with new people is that it makes everything fresh again.  (It’s not just that new people haven’t gotten entirely fed up with my jokes yet.)  I get to see my exercise repertoire through their new eyes and in the context of a unique body. 

In our workouts, we want a balance between what we are used to (our own bodies and their lovable or deplorable quirks, our tolerances and preferences, our comfortable sense of where we are in space) and what is new (a different exercise!  Hey!  I’m stronger now!  What do you mean I need to improve my alignment now that I have a clue what I’m doing?).

 

We work from what we know to what we don’t know.  We use the endurance we build to try harder things.  We use the strength we create to move more efficiently.  We use the character we develop to tackle workout (or life) challenges.

 

I learn when my clients learn.  It’s a beautiful thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment