Tuesday, September 11, 2018

What is the step count for rebooting?



My Fitbit is in time out.  It got back from vacation and felt a little squirrelly after all the dust and adventure and decided it didn’t want to talk to my phone or my computer for a while.  I decided, after a certain amount of swearing and rebooting, that time out was a good idea for me, too.  After all, it’s just a Fitbit, right?

Well.

I am more addicted to the little stick of chewing gum than I thought.  I almost automatically check my daily total until I remember that I’m not wearing the thing.  I wonder if my walk today took 26 minutes or 30.  How much of my swim counted?

I have decided to leave it in time out for a little longer.  It is supposed to be helping me, not controlling me.  It’s not like I don’t know whether or not I’m getting enough exercise.  I can tune into my breath, my muscle soreness, my fatigue level to figure that out.  And maybe that extra mindfulness will help me when I do get back to wearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment