Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Dog Cuddling and Whining: Also Therapeutic



I had a cold last week.  It was not nearly as miserable as it could have been because I chose to fight it aggressively by… doing nothing.

Most of the time, fitness is about doing something, moving, sweating, working.  But resting and other forms of self-care also fit into our fitness plans.  By getting lots of sleep, taking appropriate cold medicines, hydrating, eating chicken soup, and otherwise relaxing, I got over my cold much faster than had I decided to tough it out and continue to try to do All The Things.

Our goal is to put in the right amount of effort.  When we are feeling fabulous, that can be a lot of strenuous stuff.  When we’re not, not so much.  The goal is to feel as good as possible as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment