Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Stretching a Point and the Point of Stretching



I have been sitting more than usual lately, partly because of a big sewing project, partly because of studying.  I feel like I am accomplishing things, but I also feel… stiff.  I feel stiff even though I do all the things:  I drink lots of fluids, so I have to get up and go to the bathroom every half hour or so.  I stand up and stretch.  I multitask, so I move to change the laundry or do some cooking or put stuff away.

What helps is spending quantity time on Pilates and yoga.  Things would be worse if I didn’t stretch a bit here and there, but what I really need (and I think I am not alone) is enough time and space to allow the muscles to relax for real.  It’s worth the investment of time and energy.  Let’s do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment