Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Plan A May Need Some Friends






I plan my workouts every week, just like I plan workouts for my clients.  But sometimes things change.

 

I may have a plan to play pickleball for cardio and wake up to pouring rain.  At that point, I have choices:  I can pout and pull the covers over my head, or I can choose another workout that doesn’t involve going outside.  Guess which one is the better choice.

 

Even if everything goes according to plan, and I turn up in the studio ready to lift weights the way I scheduled it, I still have to be flexible about how things go.  Some days I’m just stronger than others.  Sometimes I have had a terrific night of sleep and I can lift like crazy and other times I have to choose lighter weights and a shorter workout.

 

It's great to have a plan.  It’s even better to have a plan and a backup plan and a willingness to adapt in the moment.

 

We can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment