Wednesday, November 9, 2022

It's Wednesday and Captain Obvious Is Here






It seems like I feel like Captain Obvious about once a week.  Today’s the day this week.  My pearl of obvious wisdom this time is:  we all have strengths and weaknesses.

 

It’s fun to play to our strengths.  Some of us are fast; some of us are strong; some of us are flexible.  Fast people like to finish first.  Strong people like to have the opportunity to display their strength.  Flexible people show off the way they can scratch the tops of their heads with their big toes, or whatever it is that flexible people do (I am not one, so I am simply admiring and jealous when they bend like that.).  Of course we want to continue to build on our strengths.

 

But.

 

We also have to spend some time on our weaknesses.  I may never be able to scratch the top of my head with my big toe, but if I don’t spend at least a little time working on flexibility, I’ll be lucky if I bend at all.

 

Nearly everything we do in fitness is a combination of cardio, strength, and flexibility.  We can have a preferred mode among the three, but we can’t avoid the others forever.

 

Go play.

No comments:

Post a Comment