Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Dreams






I got to be a guest speaker in a high school health class (via Zoom) last week and I got asked what the best thing about my job is.  I could have said that I get to wear sweats all day every day and call it professional dress, which is definitely a good thing about my job, but it isn’t the best thing.

 

The best thing is getting to see people do more than they ever thought they could.

 

Every day I get to watch as people put in the work to accomplish their goals.  I see the effort.  I see the struggle.  And I get to see the success.  Things that used to be hard aren’t anymore.  Things that used to hurt feel better.  Bodies change.  Attitudes shift.  Strength in one area translates into strength somewhere else.

 

I get to help.  What is better than enabling people’s dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment