Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Be Difficult







I’m currently in the process of reading a book called Anxious People by Fredrik Backman.  (I like it so far, but I’m only 50 pages in.  Will report back when I’m done.)  Two of the characters are a father and son who are both police officers in the same station.  They don’t get along very well and on page 14 we are told, “The older man thinks the most important thing is for a police officer to do the right thing, the younger thinks it’s more important to do things correctly.”  I’m reading the book with a book group and a fair amount of discussion ensued about this part.

 

Unsurprisingly, I am difficult.  I want not just police officers but people generally to do the right thing and to do it correctly.  This applies to fitness as well as everything else.  Doing the right thing, in a fitness context, means getting in the cardio, doing resistance training, and remembering to work on balance, core, and flexibility.  Doing it correctly means paying attention to form.

 

Be difficult.  Do it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment