Wednesday, October 19, 2022

But why?






Most of us have a pretty good idea about what our less-perfect habits are.  We have that nagging little voice somewhere that keeps suggesting we might want to dust off the weights, or find our running shoes, or reconsider that second piece of pie.  Our problem is not knowing what we should do; it’s doing it.

 

While my clients are working out with me, they don’t have to find motivation.  That’s my job.  (And, really, most of my motivational skill comes from having that Mom Look.)  Sadly, fitness does not happen in a single session, or even a couple of sessions a week.  People who want to make progress need to work out when they are not with me.

 

What motivates people to do their workouts?  Depends on the person.  Some people want to look cute.  Some want to climb mountains.  Some just want to feel better when they wake up in the morning.  The other part of my motivational skill comes from having lots of ideas about where folks can find the right levers to push to get themselves to work out on their own.

 

(This is the part where I pause and strongly suggest that all of us choose positive motivations rather than negative ones.  Shame is not good for us.  Exercise is not a punishment for bad behavior.  In the long run, treating ourselves with love is a much better plan.)

 

So:  I’m here.  I have ideas.  Hit me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment