Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Not a fitness tree






The photos I use for these posts don’t usually have a lot of fitness equipment in them or anything.  It’s not just because fitness equipment is not always super photogenic.  Fitness is, for me, not a goal in itself; I’ll go out on a limb here and say that it shouldn’t be for most people, either.

 

Fitness is a tool so that we can do other things we want to do, like hike around and take photos of nature and flowers and stuff.  If I were a diving enthusiast, maybe more of my photos would be of fish, but the underlying condition for being able to dive and take the photos would be fitness.

 

Maybe another way to think about it is that love is an excellent motivator.  I think most of us, in the early stages of being in love with that Special Someone, have done all kinds of challenging things (you know, like combing our hair or giving up anchovies on our pizza).  When we are in love with playing with our grandkids, we’re willing to do some cardio to make that easier.  When we are fascinated with Mexican indigenous culture, we train so we can climb those pyramids someday.

 

Do the work and then go play.

No comments:

Post a Comment