Thursday, January 17, 2019

Lots of Nope



Many people assume that exercise has to be painful, that I’m in it to torture people, and that gyms and studios are dungeons in disguise.  Nope, nope, and nope.  If exercise is painful, we are doing it wrong; at worst it should be uncomfortable the way growth is uncomfortable.  I do my job because I want people to have more joy in their lives and fitness opens up so many more paths to joy than we have available without it.  While it is true that many gyms and studios have a dark and gloomy look and while Pilates equipment at first glance looks like it has been borrowed from Torquemada, I strive to make my studio a place of happiness and laughter as well as hard work.

Fitness is not an end in itself.  It is an opportunity cost for all the other things we want to do in our lives.  It makes our brains work better and our bodies last longer.  We get to see more amazing views, take more exciting adventures, and play with more enthusiasm when we are fitter.

Eyes on the prize, dear ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment