Wednesday, April 3, 2024

The Sweet Spot!






I used to think I had a problem with time management.  I was wrong.  I had trouble with energy management.  I’d get to the time I’d set aside for whatever it is I wanted to do and I just couldn’t find the oomph to do it.  I’m pretty sure I’m not the only person who has had this problem.  But now I have some tools for energy management!

The big one is regular cardio exercise.  It’s a little counterintuitive that doing more will give us more energy, but it works.  Bodies are made to move.  Pretty much all our systems work better if we get sweaty on a regular basis.  It doesn’t have to be a huge amount, either.  A brisk, 30-minute walk can do the trick.  (And it can even be two 15-minute walks, for those who like smaller doses!)

 

We get a bigger energy boost from higher-intensity exercise.  Amping up that walk with some speed intervals or hills will bring us even more benefits.

 

There is, however, a limit.  Too much exercise is as problematic as too little.  If we find ourselves sore for more than a few days or if we find that we’re having trouble sleeping, it’s time to rethink how much we’re doing.

 

Aim for the sweet spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment