Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Team Sports






I have some pretty standard disclaimers that I say, a lot.  As a personal trainer and Pilates instructor, I am not a doctor or physical therapist.  I am not a chiropractor.  I am not a dietician or nutritionist.  I do not diagnose or treat illness or injury.

 

This does not mean that I am not able to give an opinion, based on my experience and education.  (Spoiler alert:  if you are sick or injured, you should see a doctor or other health professional.   If you want a detailed diet plan, you should consult a nutritionist.)  I consistently tell people that consulting health professionals is just smart.

 

I can talk about macronutrients (protein, carbs, fats) and micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) and the general outline of healthy eating—whole foods, minimally processed, nutritionally dense.  I can tell people that ice is a friend to swollen parts, that Ibuprofen can be wonderful for those who can take it, and that resting a hurting part is a good idea.  If things are still hurting enough to keep us from doing our normal activities after a couple of days, it is time to see the doc.

 

Healthy living is a team sport.  I do my best work in conjunction with all the other professionals who want people to live long and good lives.

 

Go play.

No comments:

Post a Comment