Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Gratitude!






It might just be me (I doubt it!) who goes around complaining about what my body can’t or won’t do.  News flash:  I am 53 years old, not 23, so some stuff is out of warranty, so to speak.

 

Today, however, it is time for me (and anybody who would like to join me) to express some thanks to my body for all the things it does do.  In some ways, I could kick my own 23-year-old butt thanks to the workouts I’ve put in over the last 30 years, but that’s not even what I mean.  All by itself, my body remembers to breathe.  It keeps my heart beating and processes the food I eat.  When I work it, it recovers and repairs whatever I break.  It carries me from place to place.  It lets me experience this magical world.  What a gift!

 

What I can give my body back is some decent care.  I can feed it healthy food and give it rest when it needs it.  I can remember to stretch it.  I can reduce the bad kinds of stress I put on it and increase the useful, exercise kinds.

 

I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment