Thursday, October 21, 2021

The WORST!






I usually keep stuff positive, because it’s just good practice, but today, just for fun, I’m going to list my least-favorite exercises.  (Guess what?  I do them anyway!)

 

1.     Lunges.  I really hate doing lunges.  They’re hard.  They challenge my balance.  I have to think about how I align my feet and knees and about where my shoulders are in space.  They make my butt sore.  Once I made up a whole song about hating lunges to get through a very long set of walking lunges.  It was a terrible song, but not as terrible as doing lunges.  But, yeah, I do them because they DO challenge my balance and make me think and all that.

2.     Burpees.  Nearly everybody hates burpees.  Doing burpees well requires lots of stamina and a fair bit of coordination.  A sense of humor doesn’t hurt either, as the body tries to go along with what I’m asking it to do.  Practice makes them easier, but so far not more fun.  Unfortunately, avoiding them just makes them worse.

3.     Plyojacks.  Every time I do a set of 30 plyojacks, I question my own sanity around the fifteenth rep.  By the third set of 30, the question has been answered definitively:  yep, I’m crazy.  Also tired.  However, they burn a boat-load of calories, increase metabolism, and build endurance.

4.     The Hundred.  As much as I love Uncle Joe Pilates, when I do the hundred, I conclude that he was not always a very nice man.  Ow.  And yet, it is a great exercise for the core and it helps me figure out how to breathe under challenging circumstances.

 

Agree?  Disagree?  Have some to add?

No comments:

Post a Comment