Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Enough







Current events have me thinking about rights and privileges, needs and luxuries.  I am always thinking about how the microcosm influences the macrocosm and vice versa.  What does this have to do with fitness?

 

Health.  We, the people, need more of it.  My profession tends to cater to the people with disposable income and there is plenty of work for me to do with them, but one of the reasons I post a workout every Monday on the blog is to make my work more accessible to people without disposable income.  I do believe that healthy bodies promote healthy minds.  Healthy minds create healthy structures, and healthy structures help us all thrive.

 

One of the basic concepts that I keep returning to is enough.  I think this is a tough one for our society.  We have been taught that more is always better.  It’s not.  We don’t always need more calories.  We don’t even always need more exercise.  We need the right amount.  And all of us need to have enough for us to have true health.

 

We can’t control big things.  We are only the boss of ourselves.  Start by doing the small things that promote our own health and move from there.

 

What are we hoarding?  What are we lacking?  How can we share our abundance with others and meet some of our needs through their extras?  Cooperation is a basic part of connection, which is a basic part of health.  Let’s be kind and generous and helpful and healthy together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment