Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Breathless






I love my weights.  I really do.  But in the unlikely event that I met a person who had to choose only one kind of exercise, I would tell them to do cardio.  And I make a point of including some cardio intervals in the weight workouts I prepare for my clients.

 

Here’s why.

 

Cardio exercise forms the foundation for all other exercise.  In order to lift weights effectively, we need basic cardiovascular fitness.  We begin by building cardio endurance and construct our fitness on that basis.

 

Cardio exercise reduces stress, improves mood, and helps with depression symptoms.  Cholesterol numbers improve in people who do cardio even if there is no weight loss.  Our brains work better when we spend some time getting breathless every day.

 

It is not possible to out-exercise bad eating habits, but it is always helpful to burn more calories, and cardio exercise excels at that.

 

Go get sweaty and out of breath:  you’ll feel better afterward!

No comments:

Post a Comment