Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Not all at once



The quote has been attributed to various people, and, really, attaching it to someone particularly brainy doesn’t make it any more or less valid; I don’t care who said something like time exists to keep everything from happening at once, but I agree with the idea.  Agreeing with it does not mean that I always like it.

I, like many people, have enthusiasms.  I get inspired and I want to do All The Things.  I want to do them all Right Now.  That this is not possible does not stop me from trying.

When we have a fitness goal, many of us start by overdoing it.  Sometimes this leads to injury.  More often, it leads to exhaustion.  Then we feel sore and discouraged.  Maybe we give up and rekindle our romance with the couch.

Fitness is not an exam that we can cram for at the last minute.  It is, like it or not, one of those things that we have to do, more or less faithfully, most days.  As time passes, we get better.  We can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment