Thursday, February 21, 2019

Plans...



I’m a planner.  Things don’t always go according to plan, but at least I have one.  Planning makes it easier to stay on track.

Every weekend, I figure out what the week’s workouts for me and my clients are going to be.  I plan the week’s dinner menus and do the grocery shopping (I eat the same thing for breakfast almost every day, so I just have to make sure that the usual ingredients are on hand; lunch tends to be leftovers.).  That means that I don’t have to spend a lot of time every day wondering what the heck I’m supposed to be doing.  I can just get down to doing it.

When something comes up, I can adapt the plan.  Spontaneous dinner out?  No problem.  Bad night of sleep?  Weight lifting can wait one more day.

If, over the course of a few weeks, I notice that something is not getting done regularly, I can figure out why and adjust the plan.  Maybe I need to get to bed earlier, or make more things in the slow cooker, or mix up the workout so I’m excited about it again.

What’s your plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment