Thursday, February 14, 2019

Curmudgeon Is a Good Word



I may well be a curmudgeon, but I don’t love Valentine’s Day.  I don’t need the shopping industrial complex to tell me to love people.  I love my people every day.  However, I do like hearts.  Cardio is love for our hearts and here are three bonus reasons to do it:

1.     It makes us feel good.  Cardio boosts our mood better than antidepressants, according to some studies.  (If we are taking antidepressants, this does not mean that we should stop without talking to our doctors, but we can also take a walk or two or ten…)
2.     It makes our brains work better.  Our cognitive function does, in fact, improve after we’ve gotten good and breathless.
3.     It burns calories.  If our loves happen to give us chocolates to mark the day, we might need to burn a few extra of those.

Go play.

No comments:

Post a Comment