Wednesday, October 31, 2018

My great-grandma made this scary witch...



In general, I don’t like fear as a motivator.  I prefer positive, encouraging things.  However, since it is Halloween, here is a list of scary things that keep me exercising.

• Death.  That would be the big one.  Doing cardio helps prolong life by keeping my heart and lungs healthy.

• Depression.  Moving, especially moving outside, boosts mood.

• Dementia.  Exercise is good for the brain.  Since I intend to live a long time, I would like to do that living independently and with my faculties intact, thank you very much.

• Bears.  In the unlikely event that I ever encounter bears, it is my goal to make a valiant effort to run away.  Practice will help with that.  Please do not tell me that running away is not the right answer for evading bears.  I need faith, no matter how misguided.

No comments:

Post a Comment