Wednesday, January 31, 2018

On balance...


For a long time, I was obsessed with the idea of balance.  I was sure there was some magic point at which everything in my life would be perfectly poised and harmonious.  I am funny sometimes.

I also didn’t know much about the process of balancing, physically.  Physical balance is not a static thing, but rather a constant adjustment.  It comes from a strong core and a deep understanding of where center is.  We can only balance by putting our center of gravity over the balance point.  Then we use our muscles to make the many little changes to keep that balance in a shifting world.


Perhaps I am still obsessed with balance.  Maybe I’ve just learned a bit more about what it takes, physically and mentally and spiritually.  Let’s find our strong cores and our center and take it from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment