Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Healthy, all the way around








I am not a therapist.  It is beyond the scope of my practice to diagnose or treat illness, bodily or mental, of any kind.

 

I do, however, help people feel better, in body and mind.

 

Bodies like to move.  I help people move their bodies in ways that are healthy for them.  We push a little, but not too much.  Ideally, my clients end up good tired at the end.  I plan workouts that mix some cardio, some weight training, some balance work, and a bit of stretching, so we cover all the bases.  And I’m right there, the whole time, offering accountability, encouragement, or both.

 

The links between exercise and mental health are many.  Science has demonstrated that cardio exercise in particular lifts mood.  Just showing up for a workout and doing it can help people feel like they have accomplished at least one thing.  Then when clients begin to get physically stronger, somehow they also feel mentally stronger.

 

Bottom line is that working out is good for our whole selves.

 

Go play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment