Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Not the Boss of Me






I had an interesting week with my Wristy Overlord (aka my Apple Watch).  I was on vacation away from my usual environment.  I closed my exercise ring most days and my stand ring every day, but my move ring languished without my daily chores and activities.  I learned some things.

 

One lesson is that I have done a pretty good job of making my ordinary life conform to my goals.  I am not the couch’s best friend.

 

Another one is that I don’t have to pay too much attention to the Great Gradebook in the Sky.  I talked back to my Wristy Overlord.  I explained that I was on vacation, that vacation is good for me, and that I’d get back to moving when I got home.  I didn’t want to completely ignore the W.O., but I did want to give it a lower priority than having fun.

 

I am the boss, not the W.O.

No comments:

Post a Comment