Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Transformative Tools






A few months back, I bought hiking boots.  A few weeks back, I bought a water pen.  What is the common thread?  (No, not capitalism.  That’s a different sort of post.)  I invested in better tools.

 

The water pen has improved my artwork a lot because it gives me more control over where the water ends up on the page.  It wasn’t an expensive item, but it made a big difference.

 

In the past, I have gone hiking in flip flops, or whatever shoes I happened to have on.  I can say that it is totally possible to have a great time hiking in “wrong” shoes.  That said, I really love how my new boots help me interact with the ground (and by “interact with,” I don’t mean “fall on,” which has been the case in the past).  I could hop from rock to rock a lot more confidently.  I came back without sore feet, blisters, or scrapes.

 

When we are just starting out on something, we don’t need to spend a chunk of money on fancy stuff, but there is a moment when we can enjoy what we do even more with the right equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment