Tuesday, June 9, 2020

It's the love...


I give a lot of disclaimers in my line of work.  I am not a doctor, a physical therapist, a psychologist, a nutritionist, or a dietician.  I can’t diagnose illness or injury, prescribe treatment or medication, design specific eating plans.  Let me add that I am not a priest, either, and thus cannot absolve anyone of sin.  If I did happen to be a priest, I would still not be in a position to absolve people of the “sins” they most often confess to me because I do not think that not exercising and overeating are in fact sins.  They may not be the best ideas ever, but we really are not, generally, most successful at motivating ourselves with guilt.

What works, in my experience, is love.  When we treat ourselves with love, we are able to recognize that our bodies feel better with the right amount of movement and the right amount of food.  We are also able to see that some days we really need rest most of all, or a bit of chocolate, or both.

We also do best when we don’t try to do absolutely everything at once.  We should start small, with maybe a ten minute walk or a fruit snack in place of a candy.  Small victories add up to big ones.

What I AM is a trainer.  I CAN coach people to success with lots of encouragement and practical programs and general nutrition information.  Let me help.

No comments:

Post a Comment