Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Pilates magic...



What I love about Pilates is that it meets me where I am and leaves me better off.  If I start out stressed, pretty soon it has helped me find my breath and I am calmer.  Stiffness gets gently worked out.  Tuning into the movements calms my hamster head.  And then there are those exercises that kick my butt.

In my own practice of Pilates, I try to work through all the exercises in my repertoire in a fairly orderly fashion.  When I come back to an “easy” exercise I haven’t done in a while, I often find that my perspective on it has changed, that I have a deeper understanding of what it does and how I need to approach it.  When I come to the exercises that really challenge me, I can gauge the limits of my body and my attitude as I work.

No matter what, I leave the studio a little taller, a little looser, a little calmer.  It feels a little like magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment