Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Change is good



When I plan workouts, I think about what muscle groups are working in each exercise, how much an exercise challenges cardio fitness, how to adapt for injury, and a whole bunch of other things.  Even so, workouts often need to be changed in the moment for any number of reasons.

Sometimes, as I am taking a client through what I planned, my client wants to try a different order of exercises.  So we try it and find out what happens.  Sometimes the new order is better.  Sometimes it turns out that I had good reasons for ordering things the way I did.  Either way, we’ve learned something.

I am not the boss of the workouts I do with my clients.  I have several jobs when we work together:  keeping the client safe, providing appropriate challenge, watching and assisting with form, encouraging, and, of course, counting reps.   We work together to make the workout work.

We can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment