Monday, July 22, 2019

Monday Workout: 12 Days of Christmas In JULY!



This 12-days-of-Christmas (in July this time!) might be the most notorious workout I do with my clients.  It is not an easy workout, but my clients who have been with me a while have realized that it’s not as hard as they first thought because, amazingly, they’ve made a bunch of progress.  It is all right to go slow and to rest when needed, although we try to make the rests happen between “days.”

Here’s how it works.  On the first “day,” we do one push press.  Day over!  Hooray!  Then it is day two and we do two goblet squats and one push press.  Day three we do three overhead presses, two goblet squats, and one push press.  Yes, I do realize that this workout has burpees in it and that we end up doing 42 of them before we are done.  Since I am giving this gift, I may not be everyone’s true love this time.

When we have finished all twelve days, that’s it.  We get to stretch and go home.

1 push press
2 goblet squats
3 Overhead press
4 1 leg squats each leg
5 deadlifts
6 burpees
7 pushups
8 renegade rows
9 mountain climbers
10 jump lunges
11 kb swings
12 plyojacks

No comments:

Post a Comment