Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Stretch Out Sleep






I know I bang on a lot about getting enough sleep.  What can I say?  It’s my countercultural side coming out.

 

Not having enough sleep and not having enough good sleep puts us at a higher risk for chronic disease, impairs our cognition, and makes us more likely to get hurt.

 

I realize that we can’t all sleep as much or as well as we’d like.  We have important stuff to do.  We’re stressed out.  We are always behind.  We say we’ll sleep when we’re dead, not really grokking that we’re more likely to get dead if we don’t get enough sleep.

 

One thing that can help:  stretching.  Whether it is the relaxation that comes from stretching or just the fact that we’ve moved our bodies, stretching improves our ability to sleep well.

 

Plus it feels good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment