Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Chill






So here I go being countercultural again:  we need to break up with stress.  I know there’s a whole hustle movement out there.  I know times are hard and we have a lot to do.  But here’s the thing:  it makes us weaker.

Muscles are strongest when they begin from an optimal place.  In fancy fitness jargon, this is called proper length-tension relationship.  Muscles that are too long and relaxed are what we usually think of as weak ones, but muscles that are too tight and short are also not capable of their best work.

 

There are many ways to get our muscles to their appropriate length-tension.  Some of our muscles need to wake up and do some work; others need to chill out.  Corrective exercise, Pilates, massage, self-myofascial release can all help.

 

You know where to find me if you want my help!

No comments:

Post a Comment