Wednesday, September 6, 2023

What? I Don't Remember That...






There are many reasons to love Ted Lasso.  The show demonstrates the power of love and positivity, gives us hope for second chances, and even encourages a healthy attitude toward mental health issues.  But I’m here to talk about the goldfish.

One of the players on Ted’s team screwed something up.  The details escape me.  Ted reminded the player that goldfish reputedly have very short memories.  (I have not fact-checked this because it’s a metaphor and metaphors don’t have to be factual to work.)  He said the player should be a goldfish and just keep playing, letting go of the mistake instead of letting worry about the past mess with the present and future.

 

I bring this up because for me, September is a time of new beginnings.  In theory, the hot and lazy days of summer are over and we can return, fresh, to our lives.  It helps, sometimes, to have goldfish mind when it comes to starting again.  We can forget how much ice cream we ate.  We can let go of the missed workouts.  We can start fresh.

 

Get swimming, goldfish!

No comments:

Post a Comment