Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Go Play






I feel like I talk a lot about how good it is to try new things in fitness.  It’s also good to let old things go when they don’t serve us anymore.

I’m probably thinking about this because I’ve recently been doing my spring cleaning (yes, I know it isn’t spring, but fall cleaning doesn’t have the same ring).  I’ve been purging worn-out clothes and weird coffee mugs, craft projects that didn’t exactly succeed, kitchen gadgets I don’t like, and all kinds of other stuff.  Except books.  The books stay.  But I digress.

 

Sometimes our old fitness patterns wear out.  We find that we don’t like lifting heavy anymore and want something that focuses on endurance, or balance.  Maybe we want to dance instead.  Or maybe we loved taking ballet for years, but we find that we don’t love it now the way we used to.  It is all right to stop doing things.  Yes, even if you bought a bunch of expensive stuff to do it with.  Sell it or give it away and move on to what gives you joy.

 

Carrying the weight of guilt or of expectations does not build fitness.  It just makes us tired.

 

Go play.  At whatever you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment