Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Oilcan for everyone!






Over the last several months, I have been doing what I call my “oilcan” exercises every day.  These are the exercises that keep my body parts moving smoothly, little maintenance things that make a surprisingly big difference in how my regular workouts and the rest of my life go.

 

The practice grew out of work with my clients.  Every client has individual needs based on all kinds of things, including injury history.  I saw so many folks with knee issues that I just know to tack on a couple of specific exercises at the beginning of those workouts.  I don’t have knee issues, but I realized one day (I might have been a little slow on the uptake here, but hey, I eventually figured it out) that I could create the same kind of thing for the parts of my body that were giving me trouble.

 

It turns out that it takes less than ten minutes to do the five or six things that make my body work better all day.  Want to find out what yours are?  Poke me!

No comments:

Post a Comment