Thursday, September 3, 2020

Three





We get healthy in lots of ways, not just by exercising.  Here are three things to do that will improve our health without breaking a sweat!

 

1.     Get enough sleep.  I feel a little bad about putting this on the list because I know too many people who are having trouble sleeping right now.  I can see them rolling their eyes saying, “Yeah, and while I’m doing magic, I’ll make my house a purple castle and create world peace…”  Fine.  I know it’s tough.  But we all could try.  And we can at least work to deglamorize the whole I’m-so-busy-and-important-I’ll-have-to-wait-til-I’m-dead-to-sleep thing.

2.     Cook.  When we cook, we take control of our nutrition.  We can eat more whole foods.  It’s cheaper than eating out and better for us.  It can even be fun.

3.     Laugh.  Humor helps us cope with stress and pain.  It connects us with other humans.  It feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment