Thursday, September 17, 2020

That is one funny hat.






Sometimes we get all bogged down in the soup of unhappiness that surrounds us.  It seems wrong somehow to be happy in the face of all the ick.  Except it isn’t.  We can spread a little happiness around if we get some.  (If you need permission to be happy, I’m here to give it to you.  Go forth and laugh!)  Three (fitness) things to increase happiness today:

 

1.     Do something you love.  Or as close to it as you can.  Maybe I can’t go skiing right now, but since one of the things I love about skiing is going fast, I can hop on my bike and see how fast I can go.

2.     Do something new.  Curiosity and exploration wake up our brains and awake brains tend to be happy brains.  Try a new route.  Take a different class.  Do the workout backward.  Even if it goes wrong, it will give us a chance to laugh at ourselves.

3.     Do something that makes your heart pound.  In a good way.  Which is to say, some cardio.  It makes us happier and smarter.  Really.  Science says so.

 

Go play!

No comments:

Post a Comment