Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Move then sit






I’ve been doing yoga all month.  Yoga was not intended as an exercise thing in the beginning.  All those poses are designed to train our bodies so that we can meditate and be still.

 

Maybe not all of us are that interested in meditating (although it is, in fact, good for us!), but almost all of us could use a little help with that sitting still thing.  Many of us have desk jobs and if that isn’t sitting still, I’m not sure what is.  (Confession:  when I had a desk job, I always made a point of going to ask that question in person just so I could stand up and move around.  Copies?  Sure, I’ll go make them at the copier way over there…)

 

Even if the idea of yoga doesn’t make our hearts sing, we can apply the general principle.  Which is:  we sit better if we also get to move.

 

Do the workout, then do the work.  It helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment