Wednesday, December 4, 2019

What Uncle Joe brought to the potluck...



Last week I spent a lot of time on my feet.  I don’t have a desk job, but I certainly was standing more than usual.  And, for bonus points, my new grand-dog came to visit and he has LOTS of energy.  What saved my butt (and my tired back!)????  Pilates.

In the short-term sense, Pilates helped me stretch out the stiff places and get some movement back into the stuck and sore spots.  Pilates is the right kind of movement for when we don’t much feel like moving because it really does make us feel better when we get started.

More importantly, Pilates helps me in the long-term sense.  I recognize it when my posture gets wonky.  I feel it when my spine needs to lengthen or my core control slips.  Even better, Pilates lets me fix those things, whether I drag my reluctant body out to the studio and the equipment or just take a second or two to realign right where I am.

Thanks, Uncle Joe!

No comments:

Post a Comment