Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Because tree...



Under normal circumstances, there are two exercise bikes in my living room, my dear spin bike and Brent’s recumbent bike.  (I realize that not everyone would make this decorating decision, but I have priorities.  Also, Brent’s bike is too big to go through any other doorway in the house, so I don’t have much choice about his.)  However, in December, my spin bike moves to my studio because it needs to make way for the Christmas tree (which actually lives in the living room year round, just in the steamer trunk next to the couch for the other eleven months).  As I mentioned, I have priorities.

What this means is that I get a different view from the saddle.  It’s not like I’m unfamiliar with the studio since I work there and all, but I’m used to staring at the same part of my house while pedaling away.  It’s a small shift, but it does actually make me think slightly differently.

What else might we shift slightly to get a new perspective?  It doesn’t take wheeling a spin bike through the house, getting your kid to help you lug it down the back stairs safely, and steering it into the studio to change things up, but maybe throwing down the yoga mat in a different room or taking it outside can open new possibilities.  Trying a new route for a run or walk or bike ride outside can do the same, as can testing out a different instructor or sport or activity.  Let’s make it a little new, just for fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment