Friday, April 19, 2019

Friday Reading Report: Stretching Anatomy



As I have said more than once, stretching is a part of fitness that is often ignored.  It doesn’t have the same cachet as some of the sweatier parts of fitness, and yet it is crucial to having a healthy body that works in the real world.  There are many decent books on stretching out there.  Stretching Anatomy by Arnold G. Nelson and Jouko Kokkonen is a useful addition to the collection.

The stretches are sorted by body region.  The illustrations are clear and helpful and the instructions make sense.

I don’t happen to agree with the authors’ views on pain levels in stretching.  The kind of severe stretching they recommend at the top end seem counterproductive to me.  I recommend using good judgment in deciding how intense to make stretches.

The book is on my shelf if anyone would like to borrow it!

No comments:

Post a Comment