Thursday, December 20, 2018

Billion dollar idea?



It is my job to help people do things they don’t actually want to do for their own good in a way that is as pleasant as possible so they keep doing it.

Occasionally, I consider helping people do things they do want to do for the same reasons.  Here are some things I would like us all to do more often:

• Sleep.  Nearly every time I go to yoga, someone falls asleep during savasana.  We are, as a people, that sleep-deprived.  Sometimes the right fitness decision is to take a nap.  (When some genius opens a napping studio and makes a billion dollars, I will kick myself for not having done it first.)
• Get a massage.  Many of us are so tense we can hardly move.  Getting some of the kinks worked out of those muscles will help make the next workout better.
• Meditate.  Our brains need to relax, too.  Finding a few minutes to pray or meditate or just plain breathe can help us create clarity in our lives.

Some fitness things are naturally both good for us and pleasant.  Let’s do them!

No comments:

Post a Comment