Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Spring Cleaning






We’re getting to real spring now, which means it’s time for… spring cleaning!

In the fitness sense, this means we get to stop and take a look at what we’ve been doing and see what needs to shift.  Bodies like change because change promotes growth.  Here are some questions we might want to consider for our spring fitness:

 

Is my stuff in good order?  What needs some maintenance?  Does the bike chain need some lube?  Are our shoes wearing out?  Do we have the right kind of layers for our outside workouts?  Where did we hide our bathing suit?

 

Am I getting the results I want from what I’m doing?  Do I feel good?  Do I look good?  Am I meeting my fitness goals?  If not, it’s definitely time to change stuff up.

 

What would it be fun to learn?  Now that it’s less cold, maybe we want to try outside workouts.  Maybe we’ve always secretly wanted to take karate.  Maybe now is the time to sample a different yoga class or even to try out some other kind of cardio machine.

 

What would make my workouts seem fresh?  Maybe we just need a cool workout shirt.  Maybe we need to do our workout backward from how we usually do.  Maybe we just need to bring a different gym buddy with us or change up the music.

 

Let me repeat:  change promotes growth.  Where do we want to grow this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment