Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Both!






Unsurprisingly, I read and watch a fair amount of stuff about fitness.  I do this so that my clients don’t have to unless they want to and because I like to learn new stuff.  Sometimes the new stuff I learn is that I already know stuff.

I recently spent an hour watching a webinar about combining Pilates and weight training.  I thought:  hey, I’ll get some new insights!  Nope.  It was a lot of what I’ve been doing all this time where I use Pilates (sometimes in stealth mode) with my personal training clients to build more control or proprioception and I use my knowledge of weight training to make sure that my Pilates clients get appropriately challenged.  Doing both Pilates and weight training, and sometimes both together, is better than doing either one alone because bodies need both strength and precision, both relaxation and challenge.

 

We grow where we work.  How can I help?

No comments:

Post a Comment