Thursday, November 25, 2021

Grateful!






It’s time for the annual gratitude list, focusing on fitness things.  Here are ten things I am thankful for:

 

1.     My body.  Sure, it’s not perfect, but it is one amazing gizmo.  It breathes!  It moves!  It lets me experience the world!

2.     Food.  I have plenty of access to healthy and nourishing food.  Also, food is tasty and makes me happy.

3.     Clean water.  So much of the world does not have access to reliable, clean water.  I can stay hydrated, cook food, and even get clean!

4.     Health care.  This could be several gratitude items, but the one that is top of mind right now, not surprisingly, is vaccinations.  Not only do I not have COVID, I also do not have polio or measles or chicken pox or smallpox or diptheria.  My children did not die when they were small from preventable diseases.

5.     Outside.  Walking, hiking, swimming, and biking out in the world are joys in my fitness life.  Nature is beautiful and restorative.

6.     Spin bike.  Or as I often call it, the Magic Mood Machine.  Cardio in general is good for moods, but my spin bike in particular is excellent.

7.     Uncle Joe.  Pilates, that is.  He created a system that makes my body feel so much better.

8.     Uncle Patanjali.  He’s the author of one of the basic yoga texts.  Yoga helps address the challenges my mind and body present.

9.     Weights.  They make me stronger and they do not mind when I take my bad moods out on them.

10.  Getting to work with wonderful clients.  I am very very lucky to work with such strong, funny, smart humans.

 

What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment