Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Why I Post Workouts Free and Why People Pay Me Anyway






Every week, I post a workout to the blog on Mondays.  Anybody who wants it can use it.  This is also the workout I use for my clients during the week.  So what do they pay me for?

 

For one thing, it is not exactly the workout that my clients do because I tailor it to what each client needs.  The workout I publish on Mondays is the base model.  What my clients do is the custom version that takes into account that one person has knee issues, or another person needs to work on shoulder mobility, or yet another person just doesn’t like jumping moves.  My clients know that I know their bodies and that I will make sure that what they are doing is safe and effective for each of them, personally.

 

I also watch them do the work.  This sounds like a silly thing to pay someone for, but it isn’t.  Some of it is that Mom Look I have that gets people to do things they don’t much feel like doing (works on everything but getting my kid to turn in reading logs, it turns out; I am thankful those days are behind us!).  This is not a small thing, given how many of us want to work out but somehow don’t manage to do it on our own.

 

My watching, Mom Look notwithstanding, is not like everybody else’s watching, either.  I am watching form, to keep clients safe and to make their workouts effective.  I am watching energy level to adjust the intensity of the work in the moment.  I am tracking progress, whether that means increasing weight, increasing coordination, or just better performance.

 

I am happy to offer the workout to anybody who feels like doing it.  I am also here to help if it turns out that folks need more than just a list of exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment