Thursday, March 25, 2021

Five







We all have our favorite workout tools and toys.  Here are some of mine:

 

1.     The right water container.  Mine happens to be a travel cup I was gifted at Burning Man, but I’ve had other favorite cups and bottles before.  This one is insulated, red, and the right size.

2.     The right music.  This varies from day to day, so I am glad that my phone holds so much!  In general, I like loud and fast for spin and mellow and calming for yoga.

3.     Actual workout clothes.  I was a latecomer to the workout clothes thing, but once I realized that wearing workout fabrics instead of whatever old cotton t-shirt was lying around meant that I was not an entirely soggy mess at the end, I was sold.

4.     Protective gear.  For me, that’s wrist and elbow braces and the right shoes (when I’m not doing Pilates or yoga).  When I’m on my outside bike, that means a helmet, too.  Sunscreen, bug spray, hats, and masks also qualify in this category when needed.

5.     Foam rollers and other SMR tools.  They make every workout better because they help me get the kinks out of my muscles.

 

What are yours? 

No comments:

Post a Comment