Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Who needs this???






I just looked up at my window.  It has a label on it that says, “WARNING OPEN WINDOWS CAN BE HAZARDOUS.  Failure to heed this warning may result in personal injury or death.”  Suddenly I feel better about the obvious things I say in my blog.  I mean, if we need to be warned that falling out windows is bad, pretty much everything is fair game for advice.

 

So:  failure to get exercise in appropriate doses can make our lives more miserable.  We increase our susceptibility to chronic diseases.  We feel worse.  We can’t play like we want to.  Maybe it’s not as quick a hazard as falling out an open window, but the results are not totally dissimilar.

 

Note:  in general, I’m not into the dire-warning-as-motivation.  I made an exception because the warning on my window struck me funny.  Exercise:  better than falling out an open window!

No comments:

Post a Comment