Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Whatever gets you through...


I spent my weekend in Pilates workshops via Zoom.  I have a whole bunch of fresh ideas kicking around in my brain and it’s going to be fun to put them into practice as soon as my clients return!

However, the learning process is tough on the body.  There is the obvious part where we try out the various exercises in our bodies.  That’s work.  But then there is the whole sitting and listening and taking notes thing.  I’m not good at sitting for long stretches of time any more.  It was more tiring than working.

Bodies don’t like to be too still.  They like variety and movement.  I was not the only person in class moving from one position to another, from chair to floor to cushion to stability ball.  We all welcomed the opportunities to get up or down to try movements out.

Under normal circumstances, I’d get a massage after this kind of weekend.  That’s not an option right now, but I’m making sure to do other self-care stuff to keep my body happy while my mind works through all the new knowledge.

What helps YOU get through???

No comments:

Post a Comment