Thursday, February 13, 2020

Yep. I really hate Valentine's Day. But I love exercise.



Tomorrow is the official Hallmark Holiday For Capitalist Celebration of Smug Romance and Conspicuous Candle Consumption (can you tell I love V-Day a lot???).  Being countercultural like I am, I’m in the mood to write a list of ten exercises and/or pieces of equipment I love more than roses, chocolate, and bad verse.

1.     Squats.  They’re my favorite because they work everything.
2.     Spin bikes.  Also known as mood-enhancers.
3.     Regular bikes.  Like spin bikes, but bonus points for OUTSIDE!
4.     Mermaid on the Pilates reformer.  It unsquishes everything that gets squished when I have to sit for a long time.
5.     Swimming.  Cardio AND chlorine aromatherapy together!
6.     Pushups.  Arms, chest, and core, working together.
7.     Stability balls.  Everything is more fun with a giant ball.
8.     Foam rollers and yoga tune-up balls.  Unless I manage to acquire the kind of life where I get a massage every day, I will remain addicted to these.
9.     Downward dog.  It’s calming, lengthening, and strengthening, all at once!
10.  Supine arm twist.  It facilitates breathing and only takes 30 seconds.

Hug your sweetie or your sweet self and have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment